Saturday, September 15, 2007

• Merry Christmas my Love

“Don’t you think we should meet some time?”
“Of course dear… why not!”
I knew she was lying… like she had in the past,
But to me, just hearing this ‘Sweet lie’ meant a lot!!

“I don’t have much work at office today…
…At around four, maybe I can meet you”
I pinched myself… couldn’t believe my ears!!
She sounded too good to be true.

Rushing through my work, I got set for ‘d-Date’
Got delayed a bit midway… the mirror was the cause.
She was waiting at the stop… saw me… she smiled!
Was she looking pretty? Damn! She was!!!

“Are you by any chance drunk today?”
I winked, “How on earth did you agree to this date?”
“Date my foot! Don’t get any wrong ideas mister…”
“Lets move… we’re already late!!”

Me and my bike, followed directions given by her…
She took me to her favorite bistro!
“They make good sandwiches here, should I get one for you?”
How on earth could I ever say no…

For the rest of the evening, she chattered on…
About her work, about her friends… and what not!!
For the first time in my life, ‘food’ was in front of me…
And about it, I totally forgot!!

Time flew by and she got up to leave…
“It wasn’t that bad, spending time with you”
“Maybe we can meet more… if you have the time”
With these parting words, she bid me adieu!!

The Christmas bells that were adorning the place…
Suddenly came to life and started to chime!!
If falling in love in the very first date is illegal,
Please forgive me… I just committed the crime!!

No comments: