Friday, September 14, 2007

• My Rug Sack

Old friends and family… had to leave them back
I ventured into this new world… Just Me & my Rug Sack.
Little did I know, what lay in store for me
I set my foot into the real world, slow & steadily!!

New people, brand new places, put lots of questions in my mind
Is this a cruel adventure? No, to me God was quite kind!!
Good things started happening, my life seemed ‘oh so nice’
But hidden amongst this happiness was a tag with a huge price!!

I started enjoying life a lot, it was great fun guys…
Booze parties and night-outs put a curtain over my eyes!!
Unknowingly I got sucked into the den of frolic & fun,
Simple pleasures lost their significance to me, I no more liked watching the setting sun.

Now when I look back, into my material-less & simple past…
The present life is nothing but, a sky that is overcast!!
Take away my money and fame, just return me my happiness,
I’ll sure enjoy it much more, even if I have a lot less!!

Good work ‘Old Chap’, you did fool me… showed me a bright new light
Got blinded by the glitter & I grabbed everything good looking in sight!!
But that day isn’t too far when I’ll throw at you, everything back;
And I’ll return to my sweet little nest… just Me and My Rug Sack!!!!

No comments: